Skip to main content

Translate

How Do You Stop Hating Someone Who Hurt You

 

Dear friends,

There are wounds that are visible, and there are wounds that nobody else can see.

A broken bone can be examined.

A cut can be treated.

A bruise can eventually disappear.

But what happens when someone wounds your heart?

What happens when someone betrays you?

What happens when someone lies about you?

What happens when someone humiliates you?

What happens when someone abandons you when you needed them?

What happens when someone you trusted becomes the person who hurts you?

And what happens when the wound is so deep that every time you think about that person, anger rises again?

You may say:

“I don't want to hate them anymore, but I don't know how to stop.”

Perhaps you have tried.

You told yourself to forget.

You tried to forgive.

You prayed.

You avoided them.

You talked about what happened.

But the anger keeps returning.

Sometimes you imagine what you wish you had said.

Sometimes you imagine them finally understanding what they did.

Sometimes you want them to suffer as much as you suffered.

And perhaps the hardest part is this:

You know that hatred is hurting you, but you don't know how to release it without feeling as though you are letting the other person get away with what they did.

Today, let us consider a different path.

A path that does not deny what happened.

A path that does not call evil good.

A path that does not require you to trust someone who has proven untrustworthy.

A path that does not demand that you forget.

A path that allows you to seek justice while refusing to become imprisoned by hatred.

Because the goal is not to pretend that you were never hurt.

The goal is to become free.

First, admit that you were hurt

Before you can release hatred, you must be honest about the wound.

You cannot heal what you refuse to acknowledge.

Sometimes people say:

“Just forgive them.”

But the heart responds:

“You don't understand what they did.”

Maybe you don't.

Maybe the wound was enormous.

Maybe it changed your life.

Maybe the person never apologized.

Maybe they still deny it.

Maybe other people don't even know what happened.

So begin with truth.

Say:

“What happened to me mattered.”

Say:

“It hurt me.”

Say:

“What they did was wrong.”

You don't have to minimize the offense in order to begin healing.

Forgiveness does not require dishonesty.

God does not ask you to call evil good

One of the great dangers in talking about forgiveness is confusing forgiveness with moral confusion.

If someone mistreats you, forgiveness does not mean:

“What they did was acceptable.”

If someone lies, you don't have to call the lie truth.

If someone abuses you, you don't have to call the abuse love.

If someone steals, you don't have to pretend nothing was taken.

If someone betrays you, you don't have to pretend trust was never broken.

There is a difference between saying:

“What happened was wrong.”

and saying:

“I will spend the rest of my life being consumed by what happened.”

The first can be truth.

The second can become bondage.

The difference between justice and revenge

This distinction is essential.

Justice says:

“Wrongdoing matters.”

Revenge says:

“I need to make them suffer because they made me suffer.”

Justice seeks what is right.

Revenge seeks emotional satisfaction.

Justice can protect the innocent.

Revenge can create another cycle of harm.

Justice can involve boundaries, accountability, consequences, and lawful action.

Revenge says:

“I want them to hurt.”

The Scriptures repeatedly insist that vengeance does not belong to our private desires.

That does not mean injustice should be ignored.

It means you do not have to personally become the instrument of hatred.

“Vengeance is mine”

There is a powerful biblical principle:

“Vengeance is mine; I will repay.”

Think about what that means psychologically.

When someone hurts us, we often think:

“I have to make this right.”

But perhaps one of the deepest acts of faith is saying:

“I will do what is right, but I will not make revenge the purpose of my life.”

You can report wrongdoing.

You can establish boundaries.

You can seek protection.

You can pursue legitimate justice.

But you do not have to spend every waking moment imagining how to punish someone.

You can place the final judgment beyond yourself.

Hatred feels powerful—but it can become slavery

Hatred can feel like strength.

You think:

“They will never control me again.”

But look carefully.

If you wake up thinking about them,

if you go to sleep thinking about them,

if their name changes your mood,

if their happiness makes you angry,

if their success ruins your day,

if you constantly imagine revenge,

then they may still have enormous control over your inner life.

They may not be physically present.

But psychologically, they are still living rent-free inside your mind.

That is not freedom.

Freedom is when you can remember what happened without allowing that person to dictate the emotional direction of your entire life.

Forgiveness is not forgetting

People sometimes say:

“If you really forgave them, you wouldn't remember.”

That is not necessarily true.

Memory is not the same as resentment.

You may remember the betrayal.

You may remember the conversation.

You may remember the day.

You may remember the pain.

But over time, the memory can lose its power to control you.

You can remember without reliving.

You can remember without seeking revenge.

You can remember without allowing hatred to define your identity.

That is a form of healing.

Forgiveness is not pretending

You don't have to say:

“It never happened.”

You don't have to say:

“It wasn't that bad.”

You don't have to say:

“They were right.”

You don't have to say:

“I deserved it.”

And you don't have to say:

“I trust them again.”

Forgiveness is something deeper:

“I refuse to let this person's wrongdoing become the ruler of my heart.”

Forgiveness and reconciliation are not identical

This distinction can save people from enormous confusion.

Forgiveness and reconciliation are related, but they are not identical.

Reconciliation requires relationship.

And relationship requires trust.

Trust can be damaged.

Sometimes trust can be rebuilt.

Sometimes it cannot.

If someone genuinely repents, takes responsibility, changes their behavior, and seeks restoration, reconciliation may become possible.

But if someone continues to harm you, you may need distance.

You can forgive someone while maintaining a boundary.

You can release hatred without reopening the door.

You can wish someone no evil while deciding:

“You are not safe for me to be close to.”

That is not hatred.

That can be wisdom.

Jesus' teaching about enemies

Jesus gives one of the most difficult teachings in the entire moral tradition:

Love your enemies.

At first, this sounds impossible.

How can you love someone who hurt you?

But notice what this teaching does not mean.

It does not mean:

“Pretend the person didn't hurt you.”

It does not mean:

“Allow them to continue harming you.”

It does not mean:

“Become their best friend.”

It means refusing to allow hatred to transform you into the mirror image of the person who hurt you.

“Pray for those who persecute you”

This is an extraordinarily difficult command.

If someone has hurt you, the natural prayer may be:

“God, destroy them.”

But the teaching redirects the heart.

Instead:

“God, deal with them according to justice and mercy. And heal what their actions have damaged in me.”

At first, you may not even be able to pray sincerely for their wellbeing.

That's okay.

Begin smaller.

You might pray:

“God, I don't want to hate this person forever.”

That is already a prayer.

Then:

“God, help me release my desire for revenge.”

Later:

“God, bring justice where justice is needed.”

And eventually:

“God, do what is right with this person, and help me become free.”

Joseph and the transformation of betrayal

Consider Joseph.

His brothers betray him.

They sell him away.

His life is violently redirected by the actions of people who should have protected him.

Years later, Joseph has power.

He has an opportunity to retaliate.

He could destroy them.

He could make them suffer.

Instead, the story moves toward reconciliation and a profound recognition that human wrongdoing does not have to determine the final outcome.

Joseph does not pretend his brothers did nothing wrong.

Their actions were real.

The pain was real.

But the story demonstrates something extraordinary:

Someone can be deeply wounded without allowing the wound to become the final definition of their life.

David and the refusal of revenge

David also provides a powerful example.

He is pursued by Saul.

He has opportunities to retaliate.

He could justify revenge.

After all, Saul has wronged him.

But David refuses to seize vengeance simply because he has the opportunity.

Why?

Because David understands that not every opportunity to harm someone is an opportunity we should take.

This is a profound lesson.

Just because you can hurt someone does not mean you should.

Just because you have the power to retaliate does not mean retaliation will make you whole.

The danger of rehearsing the offense

One reason hatred remains alive is that we repeatedly rehearse the event.

We replay it.

We reconstruct it.

We imagine alternate conversations.

We think:

“I should have said this.”

“I should have done that.”

“If I ever see them again, I will tell them exactly what I think.”

The mind becomes a courtroom that never closes.

But ask yourself:

“How many times am I going to make myself experience this event?”

The event happened once.

But resentment can make you experience it a thousand times.

That is why healing requires learning to stop feeding the mental replay.

You don't have to attend every trial in your mind

Imagine someone insulted you five years ago.

Every few weeks you return to the memory.

You become angry again.

Then you argue with them in your imagination.

Then you imagine what you should have said.

Then you become angry about your anger.

And suddenly a five-year-old event is still determining today's emotional weather.

At some point, you have to say:

“The case has been heard enough inside my mind.”

The past can teach you.

But it does not need to occupy every room in your house.

Stop asking, “How could they?”

Sometimes we cannot let go because we keep asking:

“How could they do that to me?”

Maybe they were selfish.

Maybe they were wounded themselves.

Maybe they were jealous.

Maybe they were immature.

Maybe they were afraid.

Maybe they were simply cruel.

Understanding someone's motives may sometimes help.

But sometimes you will never know.

And your healing cannot depend on receiving an explanation from the person who hurt you.

You may never receive the apology you deserve.

You may never receive the confession.

You may never receive the explanation.

You must still find a way forward.

The apology you may never receive

This is one of the hardest realities.

You may wait for:

“I'm sorry.”

You may imagine the day when they finally admit:

“I was wrong.”

But what if they never do?

What if they remain defensive?

What if they tell everyone that you were the problem?

What if they never understand?

You cannot place your freedom entirely in their hands.

Your healing cannot depend upon another person's emotional maturity.

Sometimes you must say:

“I wanted an apology. I may never receive one. But I refuse to spend my entire life waiting for it.”

That is a painful form of freedom.

Forgive for the sake of your own soul

People sometimes think:

“Why should I forgive them? They don't deserve it.”

Perhaps they don't.

But forgiveness is not only about what the other person deserves.

It is also about what you are becoming.

Hatred changes people.

It hardens the heart.

It narrows attention.

It makes suspicion normal.

It teaches you to expect betrayal everywhere.

One person's wrongdoing can slowly become your personality.

You begin to say:

“Nobody can be trusted.”

“Everyone is selfish.”

“People are terrible.”

The person who hurt you may have taken something from you.

Do not allow them to take your capacity to love everyone else.

Do not let one person become your teacher of humanity

Someone betrayed you.

But not everyone is a betrayer.

Someone lied.

But not everyone is a liar.

Someone abandoned you.

But not everyone will abandon you.

Someone abused your trust.

But not everyone is dangerous.

This is one of the ways resentment spreads.

One person's behavior becomes our theory about the entire human race.

Healing says:

“That person was responsible for what they did. I will not punish every future person for the crime of the past.”

Guard your heart without closing it

Wisdom does not mean becoming naïve.

You can learn.

You can become more discerning.

You can notice warning signs.

You can set boundaries.

You can stop giving access to people who repeatedly abuse your trust.

But there is a difference between wisdom and cynicism.

Wisdom says:

“I will be careful.”

Cynicism says:

“Everyone is terrible.”

Wisdom protects the heart.

Cynicism locks it in a prison.

Love does not mean unlimited access

This needs to be repeated.

If you forgive someone, it does not mean they automatically receive access to you again.

You can say:

“I forgive you, but I need distance.”

You can say:

“I wish you well, but I cannot trust you right now.”

You can say:

“I release my hatred, but I will not ignore what happened.”

You can say:

“I hope you change, but I am not responsible for changing you.”

These can all be expressions of wisdom.

What does it mean to love an enemy?

Perhaps love begins by refusing to wish unnecessary evil upon them.

You don't have to feel affection.

You don't have to enjoy their company.

You don't have to admire them.

You don't have to pretend they are safe.

You can simply refuse to make hatred your governing principle.

You can say:

“I will not become cruel because someone was cruel to me.”

That is a powerful definition of love.

“An eye for an eye”

The biblical tradition contains the famous principle of proportional justice:

“Eye for eye.”

This is sometimes misunderstood as a command to pursue endless revenge.

But its deeper significance is limitation.

The punishment should not become unlimited retaliation.

One injury does not justify destroying an entire family.

Justice must have boundaries.

This is important because revenge has a tendency to escalate.

One person hurts another.

The other retaliates.

Then the first retaliates again.

And the cycle continues.

The moral challenge is to stop the cycle.

The cycle of hatred

Hatred often moves through generations.

One person hurts another.

The wounded person carries the anger.

Then they become harsh with someone else.

That person carries the wound.

And the cycle continues.

Breaking the cycle does not mean saying:

“Nothing happened.”

It means saying:

“What happened ends with me.”

That is a powerful spiritual decision.

What if you still feel angry?

This is important.

Forgiveness is not always an emotion.

You may decide to forgive while still feeling anger.

The feelings may take time to catch up.

You might say:

“I choose not to seek revenge, even though I am still angry.”

That is already movement.

Feelings are not always immediate.

You cannot command your heart:

“Feel healed by tomorrow morning.”

Give yourself time.

Forgiveness can happen in stages

Perhaps first you stop seeking revenge.

Then you stop checking what the person is doing.

Then you stop talking about them constantly.

Then you stop imagining their downfall.

Then you begin to feel compassion for yourself.

Then the memory becomes less painful.

Then one day you realize:

“I haven't thought about them in weeks.”

That can be healing.

Forgiveness is sometimes less like flipping a switch and more like walking out of a prison one step at a time.

Forgive yourself too

Sometimes the person you hate is yourself.

You think:

“Why didn't I see it?”

“Why did I trust them?”

“Why didn't I leave earlier?”

“Why did I say that?”

“How could I have been so foolish?”

Be careful.

You were making decisions with the knowledge, strength, and circumstances you had at the time.

Learn.

Take responsibility where necessary.

But do not become your own lifelong executioner.

Self-condemnation does not heal the past.

Growth does.

The story of repentance

The Scriptures repeatedly make room for repentance.

A person can change.

A person can turn around.

A person can become different.

This is important when someone has hurt you.

You may not be able to change them.

But people can change.

Sometimes a genuine apology and transformed behavior make reconciliation possible.

True repentance is more than saying:

“Sorry you felt hurt.”

It means:

“I was wrong.”

It accepts responsibility.

It seeks repair.

It changes behavior.

And where genuine repentance exists, mercy can become possible.

But don't manufacture repentance

You cannot force someone to repent.

You cannot argue someone into humility.

You cannot make someone apologize.

You cannot make someone understand.

Sometimes the healthiest thing you can do is stop trying.

You have spoken.

You have explained.

You have established your boundary.

Now release the outcome.

Their response belongs to them.

Your response belongs to you.

Prayer for the person who hurt you

If you are struggling to forgive someone, begin with a simple prayer:

“God, you know what happened. You know how deeply I was hurt. I do not know how to release this. I am angry. I am tired. I want justice. I also want peace. Please protect me from becoming consumed by hatred. Bring justice where justice is needed. Change what needs changing. Heal what has been wounded in me. And help me surrender what I cannot control.”

That is enough.

You don't need beautiful words.

Honest prayer is enough.

A prayer you may not be ready to pray

Eventually, perhaps you can say:

“May they become a better person.”

Not:

“May they get away with everything.”

Not:

“May there be no consequences.”

But:

“May they become someone who no longer hurts people.”

That is a remarkable form of freedom.

Because now you are no longer asking:

“How can they suffer?”

You are asking:

“How can evil stop?”

What if you never feel love toward them?

You don't have to force affection.

The command to love your enemy does not mean you must manufacture warm feelings.

Sometimes love means willing what is genuinely good rather than what is destructive.

You can wish:

“May this person become truthful.”

“May they stop hurting others.”

“May they take responsibility.”

“May they find repentance.”

“May justice be done.”

“May I be free.”

That can be enough.

Don't confuse forgiveness with trust

Trust is earned.

Forgiveness can be offered.

Those are different.

If someone repeatedly lies, you can forgive them without believing every word they say.

If someone repeatedly violates boundaries, you can forgive them without giving unlimited access.

If someone is dangerous, forgiveness does not require physical proximity.

This distinction protects people from a very unhealthy understanding of mercy.

Boundaries can be loving

A boundary says:

“I will not participate in this anymore.”

It is not necessarily hatred.

Sometimes the most loving thing you can do is stop enabling destructive behavior.

You can say:

“I care about you, but I will not allow you to speak to me that way.”

“I forgive you, but I cannot continue this relationship under these conditions.”

“I hope you change, but I will protect myself.”

Mercy without wisdom can become enabling.

Wisdom without mercy can become cruelty.

We need both.

When forgiveness feels unfair

Sometimes you think:

“If I forgive them, they win.”

But consider this:

If hatred controls you for ten years, who is paying the price?

You are.

The person may have moved on.

You remain trapped.

Forgiveness does not erase justice.

It removes the offender from the throne of your emotional life.

You say:

“You hurt me, but you do not get to determine who I become.”

That is victory.

The ultimate freedom

Imagine meeting the person years later.

They say something.

And you realize:

Your heart does not race.

Your anger does not explode.

You don't need to prove anything.

You don't need them to apologize.

You don't need revenge.

You don't need them to understand.

You simply think:

“That was a painful chapter of my life. But it no longer owns me.”

That is freedom.

What forgiveness gives you back

Forgiveness can give you back your attention.

Your sleep.

Your relationships.

Your ability to trust wisely.

Your capacity for joy.

Your ability to enjoy the present.

Your ability to think about the future.

Hatred consumes energy.

Forgiveness releases energy.

And that energy can be redirected toward living.

A practical seven-step path

If you want to begin letting go, try these steps.

1. Name the wound.

“This is what happened.”

Do not lie to yourself.

2. Name the wrong.

“This was wrong.”

Do not minimize injustice.

3. Separate justice from revenge.

Ask:

“What appropriate action needs to be taken?”

Then take it.

4. Set necessary boundaries.

Forgiveness does not require unsafe access.

5. Stop rehearsing revenge.

When the mental movie begins, gently interrupt it.

Say:

“I have already lived this moment. I do not need to live it again right now.”

6. Entrust the final judgment to God.

You do not need to carry the entire burden of determining what someone deserves.

7. Rebuild your life.

This is crucial.

Do not make forgiveness the only thing you do.

Go live.

Love people.

Serve.

Work.

Create.

Laugh.

Pray.

Rest.

Grow.

Let your life become larger than your wound.

The person who hurt you does not get the last word

Maybe they told you:

“You'll never succeed.”

Maybe they told you:

“Nobody will ever love you.”

Maybe they made you feel worthless.

Maybe they rejected you.

Maybe they betrayed you.

But their words do not have to become prophecy.

You can say:

“You hurt me, but you do not define me.”

Your identity does not belong to the person who wounded you.

God sees what happened

One of the most comforting ideas in Scripture is that God sees.

You may not have been believed.

You may not have received justice.

People may have misunderstood.

The person who hurt you may have told a different story.

But God knows.

That means you do not have to spend your entire life convincing everyone.

You can tell the truth.

Then you can release the need for universal validation.

God knows.

Let God carry the judgment

There is freedom in saying:

“I am not God.”

I do not know everything.

I do not know every motive.

I do not know every circumstance.

I cannot see the entire story.

Therefore, I can pursue what is right while leaving ultimate judgment to God.

That does not make you weak.

It makes you humble.

What if the person never changes?

Then you may need to accept something painful:

Their transformation is not your responsibility.

You can pray.

You can speak truth.

You can set boundaries.

You can forgive.

But you cannot force another human being to become good.

At some point, release them.

Not because they deserve freedom from consequences.

But because you deserve freedom from obsession.

Do not wait for your feelings to become perfect

You might think:

“I'll forgive when I stop being angry.”

Sometimes the decision comes first.

You choose not to retaliate.

You choose not to gossip.

You choose not to destroy their reputation unnecessarily.

You choose not to stalk their life online.

You choose not to fantasize about their suffering.

The feelings may gradually follow.

Love is stronger than hatred

Hatred says:

“You will pay.”

Love says:

“I will not become like you.”

Hatred says:

“Your pain will make me feel whole.”

Love says:

“My healing will not depend upon your suffering.”

Hatred says:

“I will carry this forever.”

Love says:

“I choose life beyond this wound.”

That is the deeper victory.

The final test

Imagine that the person who hurt you eventually becomes successful.

They get married.

They become wealthy.

They seem happy.

They never apologize.

Can you still find peace?

That is difficult.

But this is where freedom becomes real.

If your peace depends upon their downfall, they still control you.

If you can say:

“What they did was wrong. I hope justice is done. But I refuse to make their life the measure of mine,”

then you are becoming free.

Your life is waiting for you

Perhaps the greatest tragedy would be to spend twenty years hating someone who occupied only one chapter of your life.

Twenty years of joy sacrificed to one person's wrongdoing.

Twenty years of relationships damaged because you could not trust anyone.

Twenty years of peace lost because you kept replaying one conversation.

Twenty years of your life given to someone who did not deserve that much of you.

Do not give them the rest.

Your life is waiting.

Conclusion: You do not have to carry the wound forever

Dear friends,

Someone may have hurt you deeply.

You may not be able to change what happened.

You may never receive the apology you deserved.

You may never understand why they did it.

You may never see perfect justice in this lifetime.

But there is something you can choose.

You can choose not to become a prisoner of hatred.

You can say:

“What happened mattered.”

“What they did was wrong.”

“I will protect myself.”

“I will seek justice where necessary.”

“I will establish boundaries.”

And then:

“I will not spend the rest of my life consumed by this.”

Forgiveness does not mean forgetting.

Forgiveness does not mean trusting immediately.

Forgiveness does not mean reconciliation without repentance.

Forgiveness does not mean tolerating abuse.

Forgiveness does not mean abandoning justice.

Forgiveness means releasing your claim to personally carry vengeance forever.

It means saying:

“God, you know what happened. I place the final judgment in your hands.”

And then turning toward your own life.

There will be mornings when the anger returns.

When it does, breathe.

Pray.

Remember the truth.

Remember the boundary.

Remember that you do not have to reopen the wound.

Say:

“That happened, but it is not happening right now.”

Say:

“I can remember without reliving.”

Say:

“I can seek justice without hatred.”

Say:

“I can forgive without pretending.”

Say:

“I can protect myself without becoming cruel.”

Say:

“I will not allow another person's wrongdoing to determine the person I become.”

And perhaps one day, you will look back and realize something beautiful:

The person who hurt you is no longer the center of your story.

The wound is still part of your history.

But it is no longer your identity.

You have learned.

You have grown.

You have prayed.

You have cried.

You have forgiven in stages.

You have established boundaries.

You have rebuilt.

You have begun to live again.

And finally, you can say:

“I release you to God.

I release the need for revenge.

I release the endless argument in my mind.

I release the hope that you must change before I can heal.

I release the burden of making everything fair.

I will seek what is right.

I will protect what must be protected.

I will forgive as I am able.

And I will walk forward.”

Because the goal is not merely to stop hating someone.

The deeper goal is this:

to become free enough to love again.

To trust wisely again.

To laugh again.

To sleep peacefully again.

To pray without anger consuming every prayer.

To look toward tomorrow without constantly looking backward.

The person who hurt you may have written one painful chapter.

But they do not get to write the ending.

May God give you courage to face the truth,

wisdom to establish boundaries,

strength to pursue justice,

mercy to release revenge,

patience to forgive,

and grace to build a life larger than the wound.

And may the day come when you can remember what happened without becoming trapped there.

May you be free.

Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valdamar Valerian's Matrix Series (Books 1–4)

  Matrix I (1988) Main Idea : The book argues that humanity is controlled and manipulated by powerful forces that are hidden from the public. This includes secret government programs, extraterrestrial influence, and mind control techniques. Key Topics : Conspiracies and Control Mechanisms : Descriptions of psychological operations, government secrecy, and cover-ups to manipulate public perception. ET Presence : Claims that various extraterrestrial groups have been interacting with Earth, influencing human evolution, and even controlling human governments. Human Potential : Encourages readers to question the information they receive and to seek a higher understanding of reality beyond mainstream teachings. Matrix II (1990) Main Idea : Building on the themes of the first book, this volume delves deeper into hidden structures of control, with a particular focus on extraterrestrials’ role in shaping human society. Key Topics : Alien Influence on Earth : Describes different alien specie...

The Book of Judith explained

 The Book of Judith is a story in the Apocrypha , which is included in Catholic and Orthodox Bibles but not typically in Protestant or Jewish canons. It’s a tale of courage, faith, and cleverness —centered around a brave woman named Judith , who saves her people from an invading army. Here’s a simplified explanation of the story, followed by key lessons. The Story : Background : The Israelites are threatened by the Assyrian army, led by General Holofernes , who is conquering lands under the orders of King Nebuchadnezzar. The Assyrians lay siege to the town of Bethulia , cutting off its water supply and leaving the people desperate and close to surrendering. Judith's Faith and Plan : Judith is a widow who lives in Bethulia. She is known for her devotion to God and her wisdom. Upset that her fellow Israelites are ready to give up, she calls out the leaders for their lack of faith. She insists that God will save them but that they need to act. Judith devises a bold plan to defeat th...

La historia de José (Yosef / Yusuf) - Una lección de fe, paciencia y perdón

 🌟 Introducción Queridos hermanos y hermanas, hoy vamos a reflexionar sobre una de las historias más hermosas y profundas de las tradiciones judía y musulmana: la historia de  José , llamado  Yosef  en hebreo y  Yusuf  en árabe. Esta historia aparece en la  Torá  (Libro del Génesis) para los judíos, y en el  Corán, en la Sura 12 , llamada precisamente  Sura Yusuf , para los musulmanes. Ambas tradiciones consideran a José como un hombre justo, paciente y protegido por Dios. Aunque los detalles cambian un poco, el mensaje central es el mismo: 👉  Dios guía la historia, incluso cuando todo parece injusto. 👨‍👦 José, el hijo amado José era el hijo de  Jacob (Ya‘qub) , un profeta respetado en ambas religiones. Jacob amaba mucho a José, y esto provocó  celos en sus hermanos . José tuvo sueños especiales donde veía que el sol, la luna y las estrellas se inclinaban ante él. En ambas tradiciones, estos sueños son una señal de que...

Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis summary

  "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis is a foundational Christian book that explains the core beliefs of Christianity in a clear and logical way. Originally based on a series of radio talks, Lewis avoids theological complexity and focuses on universal principles shared by most Christian denominations. It’s aimed at both believers and skeptics, offering a reasoned argument for faith. 1. The Moral Law and God’s Existence Lewis begins by arguing that all humans have an inherent sense of right and wrong, which he calls the "Moral Law." This universal moral sense points to the existence of a moral God who created the universe. The Moral Law isn’t a product of human culture or instinct but something deeper and universal. 2. What Christians Believe Christianity asserts that Jesus is the Son of God who came to Earth to save humanity. Humanity is flawed and sinful, but through Jesus’s sacrifice on the cross, people can be reconciled with God. Lewis emphasizes that Christianit...

Heaven and Hell by Emanuel Swedenborg book summary

  "Heaven and Hell" by Emanuel Swedenborg is a spiritual exploration of the afterlife based on the author’s visionary experiences. Swedenborg describes the structure and nature of heaven, hell, and the intermediate realm called the world of spirits. His work offers insights into the moral and spiritual principles that determine where souls go after death. The Afterlife Reflects Your Inner Self : Heaven and hell are not arbitrary assignments but reflect a person’s inner character and choices during life. Those who love goodness and truth align with heaven, while those focused on selfishness and deceit align with hell. Heaven : Heaven is a place of harmony and joy, where souls live in love for God and others. It is structured in communities based on shared loves and functions like a single "grand human," with each community contributing to the whole. Hell : Hell is a realm for t...

The Story of Lot: A Lesson About Choices, Influence, and Responsibility

  Today we explore the Torah’s story of Lot , the nephew of Abraham (Avraham Avinu) , found in the book of Bereishit (Genesis) . Lot is not one of the great heroes of the Torah, yet Jewish tradition spends significant time on his life. Why? Because Lot represents a person with potential , someone who stands close to greatness but struggles with making the right choices. Lot’s story is not about villains and heroes. It is about ordinary human decisions   — the kinds we all make — and how those decisions shape who we become. Lot’s Privileged Beginning Lot begins his journey in an extraordinary position. He grows up in Abraham’s household. Abraham is a man known for kindness, hospitality, moral courage, and faith in one God at a time when the world believed otherwise. Jewish commentators teach that living near a righteous person is itself a form of education. Lot watches Abraham welcome strangers, argue for justice, and act with compassion. Lot travels with Abraham from place to ...